What happens to my jewelry?
Before we can make you an offer on your jewelry items, We test each piece to precisely determine its gold content. Your jewelry is being purchased strictly for its gold content.
ABOUT YOUR JEWELRY
Yellow and white are the most common gold colors. Gold can also be found in rose gold (pinkish color) or green. Most gold jewelry is stamped with a karat level such as: 10k, 14k, 18k, 22k or 24k. If an item is not stamped, don’t worry! We test each individual item.
We buy Platinum Jewelry, Platinum Wire and Platinum Coins.
Platinum is a white color similar to that of white gold. Platinum jewelry will be stamped Plat 950, 950, PT 950, Platinum, PLAT, 5%Irid.-Plat, 10%Irid .- Plat, or Iridium Platinum.
- If you are not sure whether your jewelry is platinum or white gold, don’t worry. As we said, EVERY item gets tested to
determine the correct metal content and we will pay you cash!
Authentic Silver pieces will be stamped Sterling, Sterl., 925, 950, 965, 999, 999 Fine, or Fine Silver. Items such as knives, serving pieces and candelabras are often weighted, meaning the insides are hollow and filled with base metal.
What does the stamping on my jewelry mean ?
Stamping you may notice:
.917 means 22K
.585 means 14K
.417 means 10K
.375 means 9K
.333 means 8K
950 PT means Platinum
925 means Sterling Silver
Easy Steps to Cash
We will accurately test each piece in front of you, with the latest technology in precious metals and Electronic Diamond Testers.
Each piece will be accurately weighed on a certified scale, to ensure precision weight.
Each piece will be appraised for the Highest Value, by our experienced Staff with years of knowledge buying precious metals.
Price Assessment in minutes. After testing, weighing and appraising your items, we will offer you the most money possible for your items.
After your approval of our offer, you are Paid in Cash on the Spot!
- Our testing equipment is the latest technology for testing precious metals and diamonds. Our weighing scales are certified.
- Most countries require some stamp stating the gold karat, but few effectively enforce and hold the jewelers accountable. Therefore, we do not require a
gold karat stamp of 10kt, 14kt, 18kt, 22kt, all items are tested to accurately determine the gold content of each item.
- Prices are based on weight and karat grade contained in the items, not its value if resold. For this reason, the company cannot pay for gemstones or other small diamonds under .20pt (1/5ct).
- The consultation is free of charge and there is no obligation to sell.
1. What kind of gold do you accept?
We accept 10k, 14k, 18k, 22k, 24k items such as rings, bracelets, broken gold, earrings, pendants, dental gold, gold ingots and estate gold jewelry. We also accept silver and platinum items.
2. Do you buy silver?
Yes, we buy sterling silver, items stamped 925 and silver coins dated pre 1964, silver bullions, silver coins with .999 stamp. We do not buy silver plated items.
3. Do you buy diamonds?
Yes, we accept diamonds only 1/5ct (.20Pt) or larger
4. Do you buy gems?
No, we do not buy gems (Sapphires, Emeralds, Rubies, Opals, Etc.). If the stone is part of a piece of jewelry we will evaluate price and weight based on the gold, platinum or silver content.
5. Do you buy coins?
Yes, we buy gold coins, gold ingots, silver coins dated pre 1964, and silver .999 coins.
6. Do you buy gold plated or gold filled jewelry?
No, we do not buy gold plated, or gold filled jewelry. These items will be stamped G.F. or H.G.E.
7. What items do you not buy?
We do not buy the following items:
Gold plated (H.G.E. stamped), or Gold filled (G.F. stamped)
8. How do I know what carat my gold is?
Jewelry items are usually stamped 10k, 14k, 18k, 22k. If there is no stamp, we can test the item for you.
9. Can I do a preliminary test on my gold?
Yes, take a magnet and run over your items. If anything is solely attracted to the magnet it is not real gold. However, some clasps are metal, so if you are unsure about the piece, let us test it when we evaluate your items.
10. What happens to gemstones on rings, bracelets?
These items are often too time-consuming and difficult to remove without damage. We give you a value for your entire lot of items which includes the value of any gems or small diamonds which are part of the jewelry. In our analysis, however, most of these have little or no value and the weight of the item may be discounted by the stone alone.
11. How long does it take to sell my items?
Selling your items is quick and easy, we will test your items, weight items on certified scale, quote you the price of your items value, then pay you in cash for your items. The process takes just minutes.
12. Is there a minimum amount of items required to sell my gold?
No, there is no minimum amount required to sell.
13. Where are you located?
We are located at 516 N. Main Street, Crown Point, IN 46307
14. What hours are you open?
We are open:
Monday - Friday: 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
(Holiday Hours Vary)
15. Do I need an appointment to sell my items?
No appointment is necessary. We are able to assist you when you come in, it takes just minutes to evaluate your items and we will pay you cash on the spot!
16. What if I want to sell my items in private?
We have private desks available for customers who would like to sell their items discretely.
For more information contact us below!